Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Rally.

 Yesterday I went to the Stephen Colbert & Jon Stewart rally at the National Mall.  It was absolutely ridiculous. People were encouraged to dress as their biggest fear and it was Halloween weekend so naturally, people were ready and willing to dress up.  I think one of my favorite parts was just walking around and seeing every ones opinions and creativity come alive through their costumes and signs.  These were some of my favorites...



 How random is this crowd?




 Some people had different reasons for coming...

 I liked the ones that were a little more straight forward.
 True story.  We walked around, well..pushed around, into the crowd and were trying to find a decent spot.  Mind you, there were an estimated 215,000 people that showed up.  I was literally squished, legs almost not touching the ground, between all of these people.  At one point amongst the crowd, someone handed me a sign.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.


 Myth Busters showed up to the rally and had the whole crowd do specific things... such as this.  At one point all of us jumped at the same and it felt like an earthquake.  Pretty great.

 We all came together..but were separated by the crazy crowd.  At last, we were reunited and it felt so good.




 My favorite picture of the day. 
 This was just weird.
 If anyone has EVER experienced Georgetown cupcakes...you know how long the line is to get one.  Sometimes, you feel like 215,000 people are standing in that line.
Land Shark.

Overall...such a good day.  I got to see The Roots, Tony Bennett, Ozzy Osbourne, Father Guido Sarducci, Kat Stevens, R2D2 and of course, Colbert and Stewart.  Success.

2 comments:

Kaleena said...

the rally was epic!! Even if we all didn't get to watch it together haha i do believe i took some of those pictures and wasn't credited...i know i have superior photography skills but i thought you would know my artistic demands by now :P

Angelica Katherine said...

yea...thought about it.
i thought i'd wait till you'd comment about the fact that i didn't credit you first..