Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So what happened was....



Okay, for those who don't know ASL or who can't understand my ASL (ha), here's the English breakdown:  Yesterday I was coming back into my dorm and going up the stairs..I saw my friend 'Big Joe'.  I said "what's up" and just continued walkin.  Then in the corner of my eye I realized he was signing back to me.  He said "Why did you just say 'what's up' and then not wait for me to answer..?".  I thought that was a pretty good question, but never thought twice because for hearing people it doesn't really matter.  If a hearing person talked back to me after I said 'what's up', I would be able to hear them even if I wasn't looking. 

The more and more I'm here I'm learning about new Deaf experiences.  It's so interesting how different hearing people and Deaf people communicate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angelica,
you are an amazing child. I love you. Your Daddy.