Thursday, October 8, 2009

A night out with the Girls

Tonight I went to 'Hacienda', a restaurant in Goshen, and it was with the girls from the salon. I think it's super interesting to see how environments sort of change the dynamics of things. I kinda don't know what to say out of a work context, but after awhile you just have to realize to simply be yourself. I just decided to have fun, relax, enjoy my time. It was nice to just hang out for a bit.

Even though I'm not from G-town and even though I'm extremely different from the rest of them, I've come to realize that as soon as I accept myself, they will accept me too. I liked that sense of belonging tonight. I felt like it was a "I know you and you know me" kind of time where we all were appreciating each other and just enjoying each others stories, enjoying what each other has to say.

I can't say that I've ever wanted to be the most popular person or the most well known, but I like to know where I stand. I like to know that I have some sort of place or specific spot that I fulfill. Like in the salon, they're beginning to know me. They're starting to see the skills and hobby's that I have and somewhat starting to understand who I am as a person. I try not to put on a fake show, I want to be at the same level as they are.

Anyways, enough thoughts on that. I'm super tired and I still need to finish my Linguistics homework.. oh college..


(...don't have any relative pictures to post or any recent ones for that matter. my computer is about to explode from all of the pictures that I have uploaded onto it...)

No comments: