Thursday, October 29, 2009

Game Time

I just started intramural volleyball tonight and it was decently fun. Sports have always been a mental defeat for me. I'm not very good at them but I definitely have fun playing..so it's hard. Everyone around me is usually competitive and I'm in it just to hang out. I hate failing people. Once I start doing things wrong within a game I start feeling bad and I feel like everyone shuts me out. I love participating and feeling like I'm contributing.
Tonight I improved. I decided to chill out and not get so nervous when the ball is flailing my way. Also, when I made a wrong move I made sure to either laugh about it or just shake it off. It is super easy for me to dwell on something I did wrong.
I think that being apart of a team is super important. It's a great feeling when you're working together..failing or succeeding. I think that's one thing I missed out on during middle school and high school. I've been such an independent worker so I haven't quite figured out how to be apart of a team.
Let it begin.

No comments: