Monday, September 8, 2008

"So... I have a Cosmetology License.."




So far, a lot of people have found out that I am stylist, either by word of mouth or just talking with me. Honestly, I am pretty excited. It usually comes up into conversations ((since all of us freshman are trying to figure everyone out)) and its obviously something that I say is an interest of mine. I thought about putting flyers around campus, but people talking about it seems to be way more efficient than any other type of ad. I don't want to ever push into someone's face that I can do hair, because I never want it to become an awkward situation if they don't come to me, or make it seem like I'm the bomb at doing anything in the hair category.

I've been telling everyone that I charge $10 for girls cuts and $5 for guys cuts. It seems to be a decent rate for both me and people on campus. I figure, I take about 30-45 minutes on girls cuts and about 15-30 on guys cuts--$10 an hour is a pretty sweet profit...I think.

For now I'm doing cuts in the bathroom, but in a few weeks I'll be working in the salon : ) Regardless, I'm sure I will be in the bathroom for the rest of the year making some fast cash...
Either way, its workin out pretty swell.