Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Service Day at Goshen.

All of our classes were canceled today for the anual "Service Day" at Goshen College. We split off into our colloquim (freshman groups) to go to different areas of the town and my group went to help "La Casa". It is a group that helps rebuild houses if they are run down to improve the community. I really had a lot of fun.. I went on the scaffold's, which I actually thought was "scalpels".. when someone corrected me later i said "oh no, i think i said that on the news" so, if you catch it, that one part is on the news..which is pretty embarrassing, lol : )





But anyways, it was a really good experience. Volunteer work is always the way to go, there is always a need and we usually don't even realize it. I'll probably try to get involved somewhere around the community at this point, it really inspired me to help out in some way.

Here's the link if you want to check it out...

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/29715139.html#