Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finally, you wore nice clothes.

"Finally, you wore nice clothes"...this is what my hard of hearing friend told me a few days ago.  Do I really dress that scrubby on the daily?  Ha. I've decided, here, that I could care less how I look.  The most important thing to me these days is feeling comfortable.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about a tattoo that I've been wanting to get.  I've dealt a lot with my depression over the past few years and I really faced a lot of issues two summers ago.  I know now that getting through my hardest times means trying twice as hard to push through when I'm low and not let it consume me.  Back to the "comfortable" comment,  I think its SO important to be comfortable with yourself.  It's important to understand who you are and to like that person.  Not an easy task.

In Deaf Culture we talked about our "social process"; the place that we come from, the people that we've learned from..our influences.  We have been shaped in so many different ways and are constantly in a state of change, which is totally a good thing.  But are we satisfied?  Do we like who we are in those changing moments?  I'm not really sure.

Anyways, about my tattoo... the word "delight" is my favorite.  I want to know that I'm delighting in where I'm at in life.  I want to know that I delight in myself, who I am as a person.  I want to be satisfied. Hopefully I can get this tattoo before I take off from DC...hopefully, soon.

1 comment:

Maddie said...

You've wanted this tattoo since before we had driver's licenses. ;-) I really think you should do it! I actually think of you whenever I hear the word.

Keep it comfy lady. Miss and love you! SMOOCHES!