Monday, January 23, 2012

Orlando Activities

  
   This past weekend I went to Orlando with my family.  We visited the Nickelodean hotel for Mckenzies birthday and her friend Haven came along.  The first night we bought a pass to go to the 4-D movies that were playing inside the (within walking distance) Nickelodean mall.  We watched Happy Feet, the Deep Sea and Dora.  It included bubbles, squirts of water, wind and vibrating seats (and of course 3-D glasses!).

    Saturday my cousin Morgan, her friend and I had tickets to go to Universal Studios.  We got them for free from Fairen because she had worked there for awhile and they were going to expire soon.  Lucky lucky me.  Right place, right time... right? Before I went I was sitting by the pool, basking in the awesome Florida sun and I looked up to see this.  I'm not really sure where the message was going but it was cool to see the writing in the sky.
    At Universal there were two parts and we decided to go to Adventure Island.  There were a lot of cool sections of the park, one in particular was Harry Potter....it looked just like the movie!  It was awesome.  I'm not a huge HP fan but I enjoyed how they brought the story to life.  We went on a simulating ride that took us through the castle and was like nothing I had experienced before.  It's amazing what people come up with!
 As we walked through the park I kept seeing these families with "thing 1" "thing 2" "thing 3"..and so on.  It was soo cute!  I wanted to get this little onesie for Lyd and Kyle's new baby but it was friggin expensive. 


    The day was so fun!  I'm glad I got to go some place I had never been before...and the whole weekend was such a great opportunity to be with family I haven't had much time in the past to be with. I'm a lucky gal!


No comments: