Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh Christmas..

...It came and went and now school is almost here!  Back to Goshen I go:  transition from Deaf to Hearing school.  I think its going to take a moment for me to readjust but I'm definitely excited to get back.

Currently I am working on putting together some footage that I took while I was at Galley, hoping to get Goshen in the game of sending interpreting majors off to Gallaudet for an SST semester.  I want to show the culture that Gallaudet has to offer; the visual buildings, the (most the time) ASL using campus, the people and experiences that I have gained.  It is hard to summarize my full experience, but I hope to convey it and be understood.  I want to pave the way for other students in the future to get the opportunity that I got from being at a Deaf school.  I can't say that I'm totally fluent or have way better skill than everyone else that came back from Jamaica, but I definitely gained understanding, experience and relationship. I would never take back that time.

The last week that I was at Gallaudet I was super lucky not to have any exams.  I hung out, tied up some loose ends and worked on this project.  It was super tough to say goodbye, but I hope that at some point I can take a trip to see a few of my friends again.


1 comment:

Kaleena said...

CAN SIGN!!

you and my new friends from goshen have to come visit me sometime :)